Your guidance counselor should be able to assist with the academic suitability of each college of interest. Talk to students, faculty, and the admissions office. Do online research and seek out professional advice.
No, no, and no… you don’t. But, you do want to be in a program or school where there are enough opportunities for you to grow and develop.
Junior year, ideally, or by the beginning of senior year. ArtsBridge clients typically have their finalized lists by no later than September of senior year.
Yes, of course. A two year progam like Cap21 or AMDA could be just what you need right now. Or go to a commuity college for year and really apply yourself. One good year of college can dismiss a lot of damage.
Kids worry that if they go to a school in a remote location, they will be stuck there for 4 years. It may not be for everyone, but it can be fabulous to be fully immersed in a setting while creating your environment with fellow students! After vacations, breaks, and summers, you may find yourself […]
The original definition of a conservatory is an institution that focuses on the study of music. The term is now used for theater and dance programs we well. Coursework in the arts major takes up approximately 75% of the student schedule. The remaining 25% is devoted to academic requirements. A BFA or BM at a […]
Generally students choose a double degree for one of three reasons: 1) their parents insist; 2) they feel if this doesn’t work out I can always do that; and 3) the liberal arts and a balanced education are very important to them. Remember a degree is a degree. If you are academically inclined, a university […]
It all sounds great! You want a university based program. A place like Syracuse comes to mind. They have a huge dome in the middle of the campus, and students can go to games (for an additional fee of course)! Greek life is very popular there too, as it is at most major universities.
Yes, hundreds, but what is offered to non majors is completely different from school to school. Call or visit the school and ask what classes in your area of interest are open to non majors.