You’ve done it. You loved it. You learned a ton.
Now’s your chance to pay it forward.
Join us in Minneapolis this summer as an ArtsBridge Summer Staff member, and help the next generation of young artists get ready for college! In order to be considered for ArtsBridge Summer Staff, you must have attended at least one year of ArtsBridge Summer as a student.
Each ArtsBridge Summer Staff member is given room and board, a stipend of $1,000, and priceless leadership experience. Here’s how to get involved.
Deadline to apply is April 6th, 2018.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Completed online application form (available at artsbridge.com/staffapp).
- A current resume.
- A cover letter stating why you wish to be considered for a Summer Staff position, addressing your relevant strengths in assisting students and faculty and creating a positive learning community, and discussing your potential contribution to an organized and customer service-oriented summer program.
- In your cover letter, please indicate if there is a specific faculty member(s) you would be interested in assisting. Specify why you would be a good fit for this instructor or class. 2018 Faculty include:
Gary Kline (Carnegie Mellon),
Vicky Bussert (Baldwin Wallace),
McCaela Donovan (Boston University),
Quin Gordon (University of North Carolina School of the Arts),
Ralph Zito (Syracuse University),
Kevin Kittle (Rutgers),
Joe Price (University of Minnesota), and
Patty Thom (Boston Conservatory at Berklee).
Requirements: Must be a former ArtsBridge Summer student. Priority will be given to students who have completed at least one year of college.
Dates: Position runs from July 27th – August 12th, 2018 (no exceptions)
Compensation: Single room on campus, meals, leadership experience, and $1,000 stipend
Background checks are mandatory and will be run by ArtsBridge. The information needed to run these reports will be provided by the candidate through a separate form when applicable.
Summer Staff Expectations
All ArtsBridge Summer Staff members will have responsibilities as Faculty Assistants as well as Resident Assistants on a rotating schedule.
As ArtsBridge Summer Staff you will:
- Assist with check in and check out for summer program residents
- Be willing to “roll up your sleeves” and help out whenever possible
- Perform other duties as requested by management team, such as local errands
- Help to organize evening events with other ArtsBridge Staff
- Assist with large events including:
- July 28th check-in and orientation,
- July 29th Initial Assessments,
- August 11th Final Assessments, and
- August 12th check-out.
As a Faculty Assistant, your expectations include:
- Daily setup of classrooms
- In-class assistance of faculty and students, including daily attendance of all assigned faculty member’s classes, and tracking student work and assigned materials
- Arranging extra help for students outside of class and coordinating any external needs with the ArtsBridge office
- Assisting in evening sessions with assigned faculty member and/or ArtsBridge Weekend Master Class Series
As a Resident Assistant, you are expected to:
- Be a visible, available, receptive, and proactive resource in the Residence Hall
- Respect student and faculty confidentiality
- Comply with the Residence Hall Handbook and uphold the University of Minnesota Conduct Code and relevant procedures
- Lead building meetings as required
- Post and distribute information to residents
- Maintain emergency information of each student
- Rotate overnight duty shifts (6pm – 8am, while students are in the dorms) with fellow ArtsBridge Summer Staff
- Conduct and enforce nightly curfew checks
- Mediate Residence Hall conflicts between room- and dorm-mates
- Respond to and document medical situations and emergencies
- Intervene in and document behavioral and ArtsBridge Summer policy violations
- Maintain professional boundaries with students as their counselor and superior
- Communicate with residents regarding policies and procedures
- Communicate with head staff about concerns or incidents
Applications are now closed.
Thank you for your interest!